Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Strike

"Good luck getting around today..."

Ah, what a lovely way to wake up this morning. The smug tones of the morning anchorman ready to tell me what transportation hell awaits outside the confines of my safe warm abode.

"And we'll update you on the strike as new information comes in. Now lets turn it over to [token hispanic on the street reporter] who will give us all the info for our morning commutes."

It's not our morning commute you smarmy rug wearing asshole, it's my commute, my commute from the Upper West side down to Jersey Fucking City. No yellow cabs can be hailed, no cars can be driven, and I don't have the pleasure of working from home like those who work above me.

I shouldn't be dealing with this, the only thing rug boy should be instructing me on is how to shop for everyone I love in one great place, or how a little town has tapped into the Christmas spirit, perhaps the over caffinated blonde can show me how to make it a festive holiday with tinsel. Maybe a hard breaking news story like how saying happy holidays could get me stabbed by a religious zealot.

That's another thing, I'm half Christian (the roman catholic version, heavy on the guilt) and half Jewish (the cultural kind, no temple no Hebrew) and I say happy holidays. I know its a CHRISTMAS tree, a true Jew knows that if they want a CHRISTMAS tree they call it a CHANUKAH bush as a joke but never a holiday tree, it takes all the irony out of it. But Happy Holidays, well that's another story. I'm sure Jesus would want all those Christians out there to picket Wal-Mart and other secular business to celebrate his birthday. I'm sure Jesus is real happy that you are devoting your time and efforts into making it difficult for people to get into the HOLIDAY spirits, when you would be working for a charity (like buying presents for operation Santa Claus, Google it you might be interested) or helping those who have no one else? No, I'm sure the hatred that you have demonstrated makes Jesus happy. I hope you get coal in your stockings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home