Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Proof

Let me clarify some things about my job. I work for the CFO of a company that is a smaller entity in a large foreign corporate investment bank. I work from the bank facilities and for all intesive purposes I am employed by the bank. Technically I am an employee of the Broker Dealer, I take all holidays as such and usually I don't have to come into work on days the US Stock Exchange is closed. The bank employees run on a slightly different schedule and are expected to work unless the foreign markets are closed. Friday April 14th (Good Friday) is a Broker Dealer holiday. The NYSE and the AMEX were closed and as such I was on a holiday, the banks employees were not.

That said I'm still battling whatever is going on with the possible cancer I mentioned in a previous post. Monday I went for my final test to see what exactly was going on. I called my boss and explained that I would not be in the office on Monday due to X procedure and I apologized for the late notice. Last Friday I had what is called a conical biopsy, which is a most uncomfortable procedure that required my overnight stay in a hospital and left me in considerable pain. I was out that Monday as well. I'm a good employee, I work hard and even made sure I continued working through my chemo treatments last year showing up to work tired and drained (but still showing up.)

This morning the following email was in my inbox, it had been cc'ed to HR*.

-t-
i do not understand the reason for your absence on friday and monday
i would like to discuss on tuesday with HR present the circumstances surrounding these two days of absences
you voice mail indicated the need for a medical procedure but such procedure is a one day situation not a friday to monday event and besides you indicated in a prior absence about two week ago (also a friday) that this same procedure would be necessary on that day.
also, i want to clarify how you will mark these days on your timesheet
sjd


*This email is as it was sent to me, spelling errors and grammatical issues intact. The only thing changed was the removal of my name.

So now my boss is not only a CFO, but a medical expert. He knows exectly what's going on with my condition and has the nerve to tell me what tests I have had and when. Like I previously stated Friday was a holiday, for both me and him (having no ability to recall anything of importance to anyone else but himself) he notified HR that I was not in the office on a HOLIDAY!!

Stupid fucker. Get out of my business, what I do for you in the office is the only part of my day you should be concerned with. If I rape small children and shoot smack on the weekends it shouldn't matter to you as long as I keep earning you money.

Excuse my lapse in sanity, but now it has become and issue and for all treatments beyond this date I must bring a note from my doctor and detailed explanation of why and when I will be out.

I referenced my credit card online and printed all medical bills from the last two weeks. I enclosed two pamphlets on cervical cancer from the American Cancer Society and printouts on the procedures I had to avoid any confusion. I made a tidy little package and sent it his way with a note explaining that I hoped this would be enough proof and thanking him for being so understanding about my current situation. Once they excise this tumor I'm going to put it in a baby food jar full of formaldehyde and leave it on his desk. How's that for proof!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dikkhead! Make sure HR is aware of HIM!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home