Friday, June 30, 2006

That's My Toe Under There

"Tanya?"
I hear my name posed as a question, which can only mean the M------ is looking for me. She would be the only senior member in the office who treats me with an ounce of dignity and candor.
"Yes"
I make my way into her office, being the president of the company her office is the nicest of the lot and she keeps family moment's on every shelf and nook, which gives it a homey comfortable feeling. I glance at the costco size jar of pretzel rods as I walk in, thinking how good something salty would be at this moment.
"Tanya, I created some files and stacked them over there, would you please create hanging folders for them and put them in the cabinet?"
Her filing cabinet is a cherry wood credenza look alike with four large drawers which appear to be stuffed to capacity.
"Would you mind terribly if I moved somethings to the back storage area?"
I glance in her direction looking for approval.
"Sure, yes, do whatever you want."
I pull open a drawer and crack another to see what's inside. All of a sudden the unit is tipping, stopped from falling over completely by my right toes, which are currently wedged under the corner and cracking under the weight.
I cry out and brace the unit, but it weighs more then I do and continues to push me over.
"Oh god, help!" M---- cries out, "somebody help us!" She rushed over and braces the unit with all her weight but still between the two of us we can't right the cabinet.

I hobble into a cab and make my way home, my doctor will see me in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Devylish said...

Oh dear! Good luck! Sorry about your little broken toe!!!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home